Monday, February 9, 2009

Miniature Set Tour!


Hey Kids,

I know, I know, I know....it's been far too long since you've received an update and believe it or not, there has been a very good reason. I'm building, drawing, recording, and calling in favors to get this next episode done! I've included above a very brief tour of the miniature set of the hold where the action between EELKA and The Captain will take place. It isn't much to see right now, but once the slats are in place and it is painted, dressed and lit, it should be VERY effective.

Who is EELKA? She is the Sea Witch that has cursed our poor Captain for reasons that will become evident as the show progresses. Here is a charcoal sketch of the make-up design:



On a sour note, my trusty laptop took a dump and now I have to get the harddrive out of it, retrieve all of my precious data and continue with a new computer. TECHNOLOGY! UGH! Still, without it, you might NEVER see an episode of PHANTOM HARBOR.

Lastly, a talented Britain-based artist, Steve Noden, is finishing up a design for the Phantom Harbor T-Shirts. Hopefully, we'll get that sorted out before the end of the month.

Until next time, I'll see you at the Harbor!

Shannon

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Hang in there Cap'n. I know you'll work out the computer stuff. Looks Great!

Lindsay Vivian said...

LOVE the music! I must have it! The ship looks great, and that...Thing is unique and I'm sure it will be very scary. Looks like fun!