Sunday, May 3, 2009

Carving the new Lighthouse Base

Hey Kids!

So with the big MONSTERPALOOZA event looming on the horizon, I decided that the Spooky Lighthouse needed a new base. The old one, though functional and cool, is only wood and aluminum foil painted with a little sawdust and plants to dress it. It would never survive the convention and I want to make sure I have the model on display.

Using a piece of scrap gold foam, I've begun carving a special display base.

Friends I've NEVER carved gold foam before in my life and although it is messy as hell, it is extremely rewarding and effective. So, only after about 2 hours I managed to do this:

The flat spot in front is where I will add the PHANTOM HARBOR logo!
Crazy cool folks! Just one of the little surprises that you'll see at the table when you drop by at the convention!

Until next time, I'll see you at the Harbor.

Shannon Shea

No comments: