Tuesday, April 13, 2010

BLOG PIRATES!

Hey Kids!

Sorry for the delay, and be prepared because there will be a MONSTERPALOOZA 2010 report soon, but first let us talk about BLOG PIRATES!

After I post this, I'm sure I'll regret it, but I have to express my complete dissatisfaction with the opportunity that was offered me from godaddy.com to switch this blog from Google's blogger to wordpress.org.

Now, I'm sure that wordpress.org is a great place to create and keep a blog. I've also been told it is the more "professional" place to host a blog, but if that is the case, you won't see me posting professional blogs any time soon.

I went into my godaddy account, loaded the software and tried to create this fantastic blog I was promised. What I got was a bland looking foundation that it was my understanding that I would be able to customize to my tastes.

Upon trying the Username and Password provided to me via e-mail I was unable to access the account. Upon entering the username and password I had chosen while setting up the account, that too, got me nothing.

I wrote Wordpress and received very complicated instructions (most of which did not work btw) to try to force a password change to gain access. Not so good.

What this means is that I am not going to attempt to set up my wordpress account and I'm staying HERE at BLOGGER! You know, I'm not a rabid blogger and I'm not followed by that many folks. The fantastic, rare individuals that actually READ this blog are getting the information as I'm writing it so why change now?

This blog is linked in my web site so if someone REALLY wants to read what's up at Phantom Harbor behind the scenes, this is the place. AND if The Captain decides he wants to write a blog account of his old adventures, he, too will begin a BLOGGER account and we'll figure out a way for you generous folks to read it.

So we have repelled the blog pirates for now! Blogger we are here to stay!

Until next time, I'll see you at the Harbor.

Shannon Shea

No comments: