Saturday, April 3, 2010

Work is Underway for the Next Episode!

Hey Kids!

WOW! So I've tipped my hand about the fate of Geckoniki Island, but honestly what did you think? That's like saying that you're going to make a Western without any horses! Tropical Island locales DEMAND volcanoes! It's just that simple.

So for those of you who love "Making Of" type stuff, let me explain: I shot a sort of a cloud tank shot for the plume of smoke. Now I've NEVER attempted something like this before in my life, so it was pretty exciting. I made a base for clear Tygon tubing that could be weighted at the bottom of an aquarium and hooked two syringes to the tubing with connectors.

I used white paint that Alex Diaz and Carey Jones, of KNB, pumped for me while I filmed on my trusty Zi-6! All of this against a lit green screen. Next time, I would use milk instead of paint which was heavy. My guess is that milk, which contains fat, would float rather than sink making a more impressive cloud.

What we got was really cool. Not perfect by any means, but really cool. The video here is a test. Once I have more elements to combine, it should be cooler.

So, back to work. More puppets to make, miniatures to construct and art to generate.

Until next time, I'll see you at the Harbor!

Shannon Shea

No comments: