Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Calm Before The Storm

Hey Kids -

Yes, you've heard very little from the creepy shores of Phantom Harbor recently and that's because yours truly has been up to his ears in post production.  I'm sure I sound like the boy who cried 'Wolf" but trust me when I say that any day now "The Rescue from Geckoniki Island" will be posted.

A little over a week ago (it seems like an eternity, trust me), friend and performer Mark McCracken joined Mark Tavares and me for a Geckoniki/Goblin/Corpse puppeteering marathon!  It was a fantastic shoot and within a day, the Geckonikis began being cut into the movie.

I had hoped to arrange for Alec Gillis (co-founder of ADI and "Hotel Superman" star) to play the voice of Captain Keller.  I had also offered the role to Phantom Harbor theme composer Andy Schoneberg but my schedule and their schedules were out of sync.  On the night we shot the puppet, my daughter, Molly Shea performed Capt. Keller and so, based on her brilliant performance, I recorded her voice and altered it in post to play the cranky, James Mason-esque character.

So, dropping in sound effects, cutting scenes, finishing credit rolls, and hoping to get this posted soon.  You've all been so patient; I thank you!

Until next time, I'll see you at the Harbor!

Shannon Shea

No comments: