Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Hey Kids -

So, here it is, early, early Christmas Eve -
I'm looking at the weather forecast which predicts
rain for the next three days.
I barely got our tree up tonight, put some lights
on the house, bought a turkey for dinner tomorrow
evening...It really has been a last minute affair.

Still have not finished Christmas shopping and I'm going
to brave the last minute madness and inclement weather
to do so!

But Christmas comes once a year and through all of the
madness, and self-imposed deadlines, if you look closely
enough you can truly see miracles. You can find people
who are coming together as families and communities
if for nothing else, because it is tradition and that's what
they have always done.

Sure they'll be bickering and disappointment and holiday
greed, but there will also be reunited families, giving, sharing
and creating memories that will last lifetimes.

So, as I leave the Harbor for a few days to spend with my
tiny but loving family, I want you all to know that I send
my warmest wishes to each and every one of you this
season and I hope that the good things that Christmas
can inspire come to you in excess.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Shannon

No comments: