Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm Back in the Harbor, Again...

Hey Kids,

Would have said "Back in the Saddle, but trust me, there is no sign of a horse ANYWHERE around the Harbor.

Sorry about the lack in posting but I've been a bit busy with Non-Harbor stuff, however as this Yuletide approaches, Tracy and I went back to the Harbor to get a message from the Captain to all of you out there on the Internet.

Realizing that I sound like the Boy Who Cried Wolf, but with a little Christmas Magic, the Captain's Quarters should be re-organized and the Captain's Message Board should be up and running so GO CHECK IT OUT later this coming weekend.

OKAY, OKAY - What about the Phantom Harbor swag?

Yeah, I promised so where is it?

Technically it is up at Cafepress.com. Why am I not fired up about it? Why haven't many of you received enthusiastic e-mails alerting you to the fact that you could be wearing a Phantom Harbor T-Shirt or Hoodie? I'll tell you why: 1.) Not crazy about how the product is made 2) Not crazy about the prices.

I understand how Cafepress works and they have the right to make as much money on their "produce by demand" items, but I'm not confident about their direct ink printing on T-Shirts, nor their "thermal plastic" applications for dark fabrics. Sounds like a small commercial upgrade from the specialty papers you buy at Staples to make those T-Shirts that split and crumble after a couple of washings.

That's not what I want from Phantom Harbor products.

That's not what YOU want from Phantom Harbor products.

I'm currently trying to eek out some time with the multi-talented Jeff Himmel, a Special Make-Up Effects Artist friend and all-around-nice-guy to hook me up with a professional silkscreening company. Let's face it, that's THE only way to go.

As soon as that happens, I'll invest the capital and go into production and hopefully get affordable T-Shirts to everyone.

For those of you with beaucoup disposable income, you can go to www.cafepress.com/phantomharbor

Anyhow, I'm going back to the wharf. You all try to stay warm and check the Captain's Quarters this Sunday, Dec. 21, 2008

Shannon

No comments: