Wednesday, September 5, 2012

All Hands On Deck!

Hey Kids!

So, today I was doing ANOTHER test composition for this shot:


As impressive as the deck of that ship looks, let's face it...it isn't the Sofia Maria.  Unfortunately, the scale of the ship miniature makes it virtually impossible to photograph the deck and make a usable image of it:



See what I mean?  The depth of field is so shallow that it is ridiculous to ask this poor model to do this kind of duty. So the answer became clear: Build a deck miniature that matches the model!  I'm such a pack rat that aside from buying some wooded coffee stir sticks, I had everything I needed in terms of raw materials to  build this miniature today!


Prior to having the deck glued into place...
Flooring in place!
Now, all I need to do is paint it, dress it, add the rigging and shoot the darned thing!  Preliminary tests have been VERY promising!

So, that's where we are today!  Thanks for your patience and support and...

Until next time, I'll see you at the Harbor!

Shannon Shea

No comments: