Sunday, September 16, 2012

Postcard "Sketch"

Hey Kids!

So, here is the preliminary design for the new Phantom Harbor postcards I hope to be sending to the printers this week:

I do miss the days when Frank McCarthy was painting movie posters; sadly I'm no Frank McCarthy!

The painting is mostly finished.  There are some elements I need to clean up.  The copy, again, is a sketch.  Might need something a little more punchy!  What do you think? 

Anyway, back to the easel to finish this baby up!  I have a feeling that the Captain will post the finish art on his facebook page (friend "Jonas McAllister).

Until next time, I'll see you at the Harbor!

Shannon Shea

1 comment:

Raegan Butcher said...

This is beautiful. Great job. I am a huge Frank McCarthy fan and your work here superbly nails that style. Bravo!